Oh Dearest Blog
As I am a researcher by nature (and professionally) I of course had to research the Liebster Blog Award as I had never heard about it before. I am still fairly new to blogging and I love being constantly delighted with how active and community oriented bloggers are. And now this? Blogging awards! How fantastic!
So my research has pulled up essentially consistent information on the Liebster award with a few discrepancies between blogs. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The German word Liebster means dearest so really, it is the Dearest Blog Award which is pretty awesome. The purpose of this award is to give these newer bloggers some recognition and support so that they keep on blogging. I know this has certainly worked for me!
So having said that, if I am to accept these nominations the following needs to be accomplished:
- Thank the person publicly who nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award and link back to them (again, thank you The Jenny Mac Book Blog and 5Arabee6!)
- Copy & Paste the award image to your blog
- Choose other bloggers with less than 200 followers and inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog
Okay, this is where it gets different from blog to blog:
- Answer the same questions the blogger who nominated you answered in their blog OR list 11 things about yourself, answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you and then ask your own 11 questions. (Holy crow this is going to be a long post)
- Nominate other blogs that you enjoy to receive the award who have less than 200 followers – some blogs say nominate 5 blogs while others say nominate 11 blogs.
So since everyone seem to do this differently, I am going to do 5, 5 and 5.
5 things about myself:
- I have brachydactly thumbs
- I’ve never broken a bone in my body
- I am a White Self Existing Worldbridger (if you know where this comes from I will send you a heart shaped sticker)
- I grow my own vegetable garden in my backyard
- I want to become an herbalist
Answering 5 questions from the two who nominated me:
- Name a book that changed your life.
- The Dragon and the Unicorn. Not only was it a fantastic novel but spiritually it opened me up to new concepts around quantum physics and God.
- Who is your favorite author/writer ?
- Alice Hoffman.
- Who are your favorite music artists?
- Arcade Fire, Emile Sande, Pink, Broken Records, Grouplove.
- If you had just 5 minutes to live, what is the last thing you would do?
- Give thanks
- How do I define love?
- The ability to truly forgive and let go.
My 5 questions for the bloggers I nominate:
- Who would you want to have dinner with most in the world?
- What is your favourite word?
- If you could choose 5 songs that would be the songs to the soundtrack of your life, what would they be?
- What is the word you hate the most?
- If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
And the 5 bloggers I nominate are:
Okay, happy reading and blogging everyone!