A moment of gratitude
I was reading through some old comments this morning and realized quickly that there are a few bloggers out there that I have not responded to with gratitude yet. The reason is they have been kind enough to throw some fun blog award nominations my way. I know when I first read them I mentally made a note to respond in kind. But I didn’t! How rude of me. So I am taking a gratitude moment now. This blog is going to be a mash-up of these nominations so bear with me – I won’t make this too long.
I am always humbled and grateful for writing recognition coming from fellow bloggers and I know you don’t have to accept every one but the time people take to read your blog and then highlight you for it, should be acknowledged. I haven’t followed the rules exactly (rules schmules) as what is important is recognizing others for the honest thoughts, images and creativity they put into the world. However, if you are curious about the rules, check out the links I’ve posted under each award title.
Both Nicole over at Goal In Reach (fellow Canadian!) and Jennifer Vaughn over at Novel Ideas have given me the noms for Versatile Blogger. Thank you to both of you ladies for the shout out. I appreciate these nomination because I was worried that once I started to blog about books I might be stuck for material. But I’ve proven to myself that I can make any connection towards books possible so there you go!
My nominations for the Versatile Blogger award go to the following 5:
- Creative Liar – a few reasons. I love the look and style of her blog. She has a lot of action going on in it AND, she’s f@%$ing hilarious.
- Gracious Living in a Zombie World: A Ladies’ Handbook – the title should be enough. But then you read and you are whisked away to a world of old stereotypes combined with zombies. Love the creativity and hilarity of this blog.
- The Evolving Dad – Being a daddy’s girl growing up, I’m just a sucker for thoughts from the mind of dad’s. This blog is sweet, uncertain, funny and creative.
- (mis)adventures – I love the tag line for her blog: a millennial debates growing up. Her posts are rich in musings and humour.
- The Mind’s Cabin – A thoughtful and philosophical blog on life in general
Okay, now on to the One Lovely Blog Award! Again, thank you to Jennifer at Novel Ideas for this nomination as well. Here are my nominations based on what lovely means to me: style, creativity, humour and honesty:
- Sandbag Heart – I love her writing style – very poetic in nature. A fluid style that is soothing to my eyes.
- The Green Study – Her blog is light and thoughtful and a lot of fun to go through – she’s always finding ways to play and engage with her readers. I appreciate that.
- An Evil Nymph’s Blog – a teenage girl trying to find her voice and connect with creativity. I always appreciate these kinds of blogs because it reminds me of the journey I am still on.
- Kekeillustrations – her art is just so cool. Enough said. I hope she posts more soon.
- Ashley’s Homemade Adventures – I appreciate anyone that wants to promote healthy living as eating right and in a natural way are important to me. She’s got some wicked homemade recipes for cleaning, food and wellness.
The Life of a Thinker nominated this blog for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award so thank you muchly! I’ve accepted this nomination already in the past so will refer to this older post. But thank you again for the thoughtfulness.
And lastly, MargosNotebook nominated this blog for Blog of the Year 2012. It’s a different process for this one and thank you Margo for this, that is so sweet of you!
My nomination is one and goes to: The Daily Headache – just read Ashana’s posts and you will understand why. I don’t always read this blog everyday but when I come back to check out the posts, I am always blown away by the thoughts, struggles and spirit of this writer.Here are the ‘rules’ for the Blog of the Year 2012 award: 1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award 2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award. 3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award’ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!) 4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them. 5 You can now also join the Facebook group – ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience. 6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Each of these awards requires posting questions to answer and things to list about myself but what’s important to me is that other people find out the richness of words and experiences happening in these blogs. Enjoy!