Confessions of a book snob
I’m a book snob, I confess it freely.
- I am skeptical of other people’s recommendations.
- If I do listen to other people’s recommendations I want them followed up by references and I want to see your book shelf.
- However, ask me for a recommendation and I won’t shut up.
- I prefer not to have anyone buy me or give me a book as a gift ever, they might get it wrong.
- I put my books out on shelves for others to peruse – I am fascinated by what book pulls their attention.
- Whenever I see someone reading out in public a maddening and overwhelming desire to know what they are reading overcomes me.
- I judge a book by its cover. Just books though. Not people.